Training and Tools for Success
We Teach Technique, Safety, and How to Use Technology
An individual must be able to successfully complete all training during orientation and perform the essential functions of a driving position prior to receiving an offer of a full-time position at Central Oregon Truck Company running OTR, Regional or Heavy Haul.
You Must Be Able To
- Demonstrate aptitude for physical strength, mobility, and balance that is essential for this position
- Manage HOS using electronic logging device
- Safely operate a tractor-trailer during daylight, during night time, on narrow side roads and on the highway
- Effectively communicate with individuals both verbally and in writing
- Follow company policy regarding fueling, routing, equipment use, home time, etc.
One-on-One Instructor Training
- Drive test – daytime and nighttime
- Physical capacity test – watch the video below
- Logging hours using a PeopleNet Blu 2 unit
- Safely securing the load to trailer deck
- Tarping the load and effectively storing tarps
- Chaining tires
- $1,250 flat rate for first week (including orientation)
- Transportation to and from our terminal via rental car or plane ticket – paid for by COTC
- On-site accommodations
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Q&A breakfast with COTC management
- Reimbursement of approved out-of-pocket travel costs
Watch our Training Videos
Completion of orientation you will be joining a team of professional flatbed drivers at Central Oregon Truck Company.